Friday, February 20, 2009

Photography

I don't think that I've posted that I am taking a Photography class. I have always admired really good photos and wished I had the knack but recently we purchased a new SLR camera and I wanted to make certain that I didn't under-utilize its capabilities so Jeff signed me up for a course at our local library.

Funny thing is that the very first night of classes, the instructor said, "If you like Math, you're going to LOVE Photography". Problem is, I hate Math and I stink at it.

I am now three weeks into the four-week series and things are starting to make some sense to me; however, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was/am disappointed to know that Photography isn't so much the creative outlet that I thought it was. It is actually very technical.

Though I do understand more and more, I still am somewhat frustrated that it hasn't all come together for me. So, last night, when my instructor said that once we have been given the information, it will take time for it all to really make sense. I am encouraged that I am not quite as dumb as I was thinking I might be.

Our assignment for this next week is to take a LOT of candid/photo-journalistic type photos at a public place or event. So....obviously, I'll be snapping away at the teenagers over the weekend and we'll see what I come up with. Maybe I'll even have a few worth sharing here. We'll see.....

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I hope your pictures of this weekend turned out better than mine. I think I need a class. lol!!! that is funny to me because I think even if I took a class my pics would be blurry. I just don't take the time. My pictures are starting to look like my mothers pics. Brent told us that we would turn into our moms. I was just hoping that I wouldn't get her picture taking talent. lol! :)