Friday, February 20, 2009

DOXA


As if I'm not already outnumbered (boys to girls) in this household, this weekend we are really breaking a record.

Our church is participating in a Disciple Now weekend for the Youth titled "doxa". It is a weekend-long event and we (PBF) are joining forces with 2 other local church's for what promises to be an awesome weekend.

The weekend will consist of time spent hearing the Word (led by Brent Gambrell who I love), praising His name (led by the band "24") and a whole lot of food, fun and fellowship.

Jeff and I were scheduled to be a host home for the High School Boys (approximately 6 of them) and their adult leader(s). Our sweet friends, Tommy and Connie Gibson, were hosting the Middle School Boys but Tommy is in the hospital (pray for him) so we're adding them to the mix as well.

I have made the Sam's run this morning and stocked up on Soft Drinks, Bottled Waters, Chips, Burgers, Bacon & Eggs as well as much more.

Though Jeff used to teach Youth, he and I normally (for the last 10 years or so) work with Co-Ed Adults and/or Preschool Children so this will be a different change of pace for us. I am excited and anxious to see what God has in store for this group of young people. I feel that it will kick-start something big amongst these teenagers and I look forward to being a small part of that.


FYI: Doxa means "glory" which is my favorite word these days. It's what life is ALL about....glorifying Him. Lord, let me do just that this weekend and always.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am so excited about this weekend. I had never heard Brent until yesterday and I went on-line and checked him out. Wow!! are we in for a treat!! Looking forward to see what God has in store for us this weekend! !!!Glory!!!