Monday, May 26, 2008

Tag - You're IT!!!

I've been feeling the need to "lighten things up a bit" around here and have seen this "tag" going around and thought I'd jump on the boat.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

In May of 1998, Braeden was two months old and Jordan was about to turn 5. We were living in Smyrna. Jeff went on a business trip to Orlando, FL about this time and left me home alone with two little ones which, I'm sure, freaked me completely out.

Five snacks I enjoy:

Sweet and Salty Cashew granola bars
Frozen Coke
Peanut Butter (on a spoon)
Buttered Popcorn
Cheddar Cheese and Town House Crackers

Five things on my to-do list:

Finish laundry (wait-that's an oxymoron; laundry is NEVER finished)
Assist my boys in cleaning up the disaster that is our bonus room (and their bedrooms)
Give the dog a bath or just call the groomer
Write thank-you's
Make a grocery list

Five things that I would do if I were a billionaire:

Give, give and give some more.
Build/buy my parents and my sisters new homes.
Put in an awesome pool and beautiful backyard.
Buy some land somewhere where Jeff could fish and hunt.
Travel.

Five jobs I've had:

Sales Clerk - The National Store
Sales Clerk - JCPenney
Daycare Teacher - KinderCare
Sales Clerk, All Around Errand Runner - my Dad's Sporting Goods store
File Clerk, Underwriting Assistant and Underwriter - State Volunteer Mutual Insurance

Five of my bad habits:

Never finishing the laundry
Not planning ahead for dinner
Putting on several outfits when getting ready to go somewhere and then instead of hanging up the rejects, putting them on the closet floor.
Having random pairs of shoes all over the house.
Having great intentions but never carrying them out.

Five places I've lived:

Nashville, Tennessee
Waverly, Tennessee
Smyrna, Tennessee
Hixson, Tennessee
Franklin, Tennessee

Five people I would like to tag:

My sister, Ashley
Amanda
Jennifer F.
Anyone who wants to participate

Five random things you might not know about me:

I showed Black Angus cattle growing up. (And I was pretty darn good at it too, so there)
I went to college because that seemed like the thing that everyone expected but I never wanted to be there (except for the fact that Jeff was there)...I always wanted to be someone's wife and mother.
I totally sucked at the college thing; it was a miserable time (see above).
I am a home-body....I love my home and love to be in it.
I hate feet and am afraid of clowns...my Uncle Gary says my worst nightmare is a barefooted clown. My brother, Carson, used to chase me around threatening to put his bare feet on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Well, besides going to Florida (I can't believe you remembered that Honey) I was working around 80 hours a week at Cracker Barrel and learning all I could about managing people.

Five snacks I enjoy:

Peanuts
Cheddar Cheese and Town House Crackers
Fruit
Oat and honey granola bars
Chocolate

Five things on my to-do list:

Finish writing down my to-do list
Have my secretary mail some stuff to our audit committee
A number of other work crap
Do all I can to hold our church together if that is God's will
Love and support my wife every single day.

Five things that I would do if I were a billionaire:

Give 10% to my church, assuming it holds together (see above); otherwise, give it to the new church we start with Danny as pastor.

Pay off everything I owe

Pay off everything my family owes.

Buy some land somewhere where I could fish and hunt.

Travel.

Five jobs I've had:

Grocery store bagger at Reisbecks in Woodsfield, OH

General laborer for John Waller landscaping

Cut press operator on graveyard shift for United Methodist Publishing House

Asst Mgr for Hickory House restaurant in Waverly TN

Accountant, Corporate Office of Able Car Rental, Nashville, TN

Five of my bad habits:

Being impatient
Being too critical of myself
Expecting too much out of people
Having A.D.D. (like typing this stuff in and wondering what car just drove by outside my office)
Not listening enough (see above...wow look at that bug...)

Five places I've lived:

Camden, TN
Waverly, TN
Woodsfield, OH
Charksville, TN
Franklin, TN

Five people I would like to tag:

My wife, in the kindest, most innocent way
Kelley's sisters, because they are blogger freaks
Meathead!!
Kelley's mom, because she is a blogger freak.
My little brother Barry because I love to make his life difficult

Five random things you might not know about me:

I smoked cigarettes and was cursing at the age of 6

I once got busted for breaking out windows of the school I lived by (at the ripe old age of 6; I know what your thinking, but God saved me at this young age as well so you can thank Him)

In the first grade, my mom busted me on the second day that I played hooky from school. Long story short, my new puppy had the runs and I had to keep him company (and clean up his squirts).

I used to be afraid of the dark, but not anymore.

I enjoy sushi.