Saturday, May 10, 2008

NaNa

Our hearts are heavy this Mothers Day weekend as our Mother and Grandmother (Frances Castleman) has made the decision to forego any further dialysis treatments. The "port" with which the dialysis is done has continually become infected and has had to be removed. She is not a candidate for placement of a new line. She is tired. She is ready. We, on the other hand, are not. (Will we ever be?)

We are currently waiting for her Primary Care physician, Dr. Anderson, to make arrangements for her admittance into Hospice.

Please remember her in your prayers in the coming days.

Her children:

Gary Castleman
Linda Castleman Clemons
Lisa Castleman Isom

Her grandchildren:

Kelley Williams
Hailey Moss
Alan Castleman
Ashley Gordon
Jennifer Castleman
Will Isom
Carson Clemons

Her great-grandchildren:

Jordan and Braeden Williams
Connor and Tate Moss
John and Sam Gordon

2 comments:

petrii said...

Kelley,
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother and I will be praying for her and your whole family. I lost the only G-ma I had at 13. It was a devasting loss to me. She was just the greatest. I will be praying. Please let me know if there is any specific prayers I can pray for you (just e-mail me).

In Christ alone,

Dawn

Melissa Lee said...

Kelley,

Oh my. I didn't like to hear what you and your family are going through. I know how hard it can me, so trust me, I know just how to pray.
In the mean time, you add me to your blogroll and don't worry about being "emily post" about it. I would be honored. Would you like me to add you? I don't want to put anymore pressure on you to keep this whole blog thing going, ya know!(ha)Just let me know.
Keep coming over and checking in with me. And keep us posted on your family. All my love.

Melissa Lee
www.thestretchmarksblog.com