Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just a little update

Alive Hospice met with us on Monday to discuss and enroll NaNa into their care. She is, in fact, under their care in her own home. Each day they will assess her disease progression and, when the time is right (when she gets farther away from that last dialysis treatment and is feeling uncomfortable), she will be moved to their facility. Working for Hospice is definitely a calling and it has been modeled in each face and each meeting representing them.

Scripture speaks of that peace that passes all understanding. It's something you can't understand and certainly can't describe. When we seek His face, pray fervently and hear His answer, it is His gift to us. NaNa has received the gift. I can't understand it. I can't explain it. But it is evident.

In fact, she has it so much that it is downright aggravating to her when anyone else cries. Yesterday, as Bro. Danny met and talked with her, I thought that I was silently crying and that she wasn't paying attention; however, it became clear to me that I was wrong when she pointed her frail little finger my way with some disgust that I needed to "get myself together".

She has always had such a way with words.......

1 comment:

petrii said...

Oh Dear Kelley, I'm so sorry for the hurt and pain you are going through right now. It sounds like your nana is a very strong woman. I pray that you will be able to rest in God's love and peace during this difficult time.

Much love to you,
Dawn