Sunday, May 18, 2008

07/24/23 - 05/18/08

My sweet grandmother, Frances Irene Castleman, passed away earlier this evening.

Lucky her....Lucky Heaven.

I rejoice as I know that she walks those streets of gold with a fresh, new, healthy body. Jesus called her home and she answered. No more pain, no more illness, no more dialysis.

I ache for a life without her. She has always been more than my Grandmother; she's been my friend.

I am so very thankful that God honored our prayers in that her suffering was minimal. It had been said that we could be looking at 2 to 3 weeks in Hospice; but it was less than one week. I give Him the glory for extending grace and mercy to us all. God, you are so good!

2 comments:

petrii said...

Kelley,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be adding you to my prayer list this week. I'm so thankful you had the special time with your grandmother (Sat post).

Bless you dear one in Christ,
Dawn

Jennifer said...

I just read about your grandmother. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers as I know this is a very difficult time for you all.