Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Looking Back In Order to Look Forward - Part V

AKA....Everybody gets FLIP-FLOPS !!!

If you have been following along the past few days, you are aware that I am looking back at the posts from the 2010 Ordinary Hero trip to Ethiopia. I will be taking this same trip in 2011 and I just wanted to spend some time looking back as I look forward.

Day 6 was a day spent visiting a few of the poorer orphanages, including another HIV orphanage. Those of you who know me (or have read my blog for any amount of time), know that I am a lover of flip-flops so, Kelly's Day 6 post was a great one for me to read as all of the children at one particular orphanage each got a new pair for their little feet.

This day was also significant in that Kelly was able to find her son Nathan's birth mom. More and more, I consider the sacrifice that a birthmother exhibits when she gives up her child for a better life. I also admire Shane and Kelly for making the effort to keep in touch with Nathan's first Mommy. Read the story and view the pictures of this day....enjoy !!!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

There's a little boy wearing bright red warm-up pants in one of those pictures...on my goodness...I would just have to scoop him up.

I have to say that I think it would be easier to take a child who had no parents. What an unfathomable sacrifice that mom has made. It really blows my mind. On some level, it directs my mind to our Father, who gave His precious son, not for His sake, but for ours. Does her sacrifice not make His sacrifice that much more unbelievable?!

I may just have to start shopping for flip flop soon.