Saturday, May 9, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday....on Saturday

Yesterday was a crazy day so I'm a day behind but I love Kelly's new Friday feature and didn't want to miss out. Last week, we did kitchens (and as you can see, I haven't posted anything since....bad blogger) and today (or technically yesterday) is Living Rooms. I had posted my Living Room once before and intended to take some new pictures but didn't get around to it. For the most part, everything is still the same though I have shifted and changed out a few accessories (oh, and the laptop is not still in the floor) but details schmetails.....

This is the view coming in from the foyer. The blue piece of furniture on the right is actually intended for a buffet. I love it! It is large and giving me some great storage.


Next is the mantle and the really high windows that flank it (there is also another window directly above the fireplace - up high - that you can't see). Someday I want window treatments for there but, for now, it's on the to-do list. I posted my Great Room on Rate My Space one time and had a lot of comments about getting rid of the iron piece that is propped on the mantle. As you can see, I didn't take that advice. I love the piece as I needed something tall there which is hard to find (at a decent price) and this was $25.00 at a Yard Sale (I did add the finials).

A close-up of one of the arrangements on the mantle. I love these (Rate My Spacer's didn't love these either). I had them done on top of some candlesticks that I already had and I bought the pheasant pelts on Ebay...you wouldn't believe how much razzing I have taken for that.

This is a view across the room into the kitchen. I like this little cluster of mirrors but when I look at this picture, they look too low. I'll have to check that out a little further. My wall color also looks pinkish in these pictures and it's not. Must be all the sunlight coming in.

I really like this rounded sofa although it's not too comfortable to lay on.

...and I'm sneaking in a picture of my boys just because it's Mother's Day weekend and I can.


Last but not least, these are some examples of the type of panels I'd like to eventually do in this room. I like the hardware for the first ones and the fact that they don't cover up the shape of the window. They're just wide enough without being too overcoming. The second one I wondered if they could be done by buying already made panels and sewing them end to end. The ceiling heighth in this room is 20 feet and that's a lot o' fabric. Just an idea....what do you think?

9 comments:

 The Morris Family said...

Love the windows and the idea with the window treatments is great, it still shows the beauty of the window!! thanks for letting me peek!! and Happy Mother's Day!!
Cindy

Brandy Gossett said...

Love your room! Your taste and mine I feel are similar and I love your arrangements!

Linda said...

Love it Kelley, another great room! I am glad you didn't get rid of what you like. Those are the things that make it your home that you live in not the raters on rate my space. :) Hope you have a
wonderful Mother's Day!

Sarah Robbins said...

What a beautiful home. And a nice family. Thank you for sharing.

mellybean said...

The first thing I tought when I saw your room was "I love that iron piece above the mantle!" :)

Debbie said...

Bad, bad, blogger! I would like to hear from you more but I know how busy we all are.

I love everything you do, you are a natural talent. Keep posting these great pictures.

Staci said...

My goodness, you room is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I love everything about it.

Kelley said...

I love the windows! Your house is just gorgeous. I love the way your have decorated it. We like the same things.

Michelle said...

Your home is lovely...You have great style !!