Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Perspective

Since posting yesterday, I haven't been able to stop thinking about all that it said and all that it meant. I've had those moments of kicking myself, moments where I worried about the fact that I had the "m" word on my blog, moments where I feared what someone would think and moments where I was simply thankful that God hadn't given up on me and continues to teach me new things each and every day.

I couldn't wait to call my friend Debbie this morning to tell her what God was showing me regarding this. Debbie is someone who is pure and true and who, I knew, needed to hear what I was hearing.

Do we need to BE the church? Absolutely we do. I don't take back any of that; however, it occurred to me this morning that, as NEVER before in my life (and the lives of many of us at PBF) we WERE/ARE attempting to BE the church more than ever before. (Are we good at it yet? NO!) There was a time not so long ago that I even had knowledge of the fact that I was supposed to BE the church. Ignorance is not always bliss. So...I say all of this to say that, though we certainly do NOT have it mastered, maybe we've made baby steps in that direction and, with that in mind, does it not make sense that Satan would see this in us and, therefore, place a larger target on our backs?

Just something to think about.

Funny how I see God in the simplest of things because I have been thinking about all of this all night and morning and then I went to my blog friend, Linda's, blog this morning and saw this.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Hey Kelley....
A few years ago at a Disciple Now weekend I helped with at Brainerd the speaker, Chris Brooks, gave a message with the title "Stop Going to Church....start being the church." I have the message on CD if you would like to listen to it. He is funny but gets his point across. Thanks for your encouraging words. It mirrored some of my own thoughts.

Niki

Jennifer said...

I LOVE Chris Brooks!!

He did our singles retreat. He's great to listen to regardless.