I meant to post this a while back but somehow never got around to it. Today, as I ran across the pictures that I'd taken, I thought I'd go ahead and share.
Gave them all a good base coat of paint (this pretty green for the little ones and white on the larger one (not shown in this pic):
And then come the ladybugs:
Now, for some reason (perhaps when I panicked that I had NO IDEA what I was doing), I stopped taking pictures of my progress; however, I do have pictures from the nursery once they were hung...
We also made the letters at the top of this post. They are made of a cardboard-like material and can be purchased at Michael's. I was so excited to find the ladybug-esque scrapbook paper to cover them, then hung them from black cuphooks with the coordinating black and white gingham ribbon.