Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Welcome Baby Girl


I just wanted to introduce you all to my new niece, Sadie Katherine. She was born last night (11/11/08) at 7:38 p.m. weighing 7 pounds and 6 ounces. As you can see from the picture, she is just beautiful.

My sisters and I had 5 boys in a row and, finally, the last two have been girls. Of course, these girls aren't going to be worth a nickel because we're so silly over them and spoiling them with all the cute "girl" stuff that there is out there. Not that we don't LOVE our boys, of course, but there is just something about a little girl.
Now, go here for Ashley's update and some more pics of the Gordon Party of Five.
Edited to add: Please pray for "Sadie Kate"...she has jaundice and is being kept "under the lights". John & Ashley have barely been able to see her. She also has a "splotchy" appearance that has prompted the doctor's to order some bloodwork for a possible infection.
And another update: Jaundice is clearing up. Ashley was "technically" discharged from the hospital yesterday but was given a courtesy room until Sadie Kate can leave. Hopefully today (Friday). She was taken out from under the lights last night and on only the bili-blanket (which makes her look like a glow-worm). They will check her levels this morning and then decide if she can go home.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I told the proud dad and mom last night... I want her! I will even trade Jonathan for her. :)

Cindy Couey

Debbie said...

Wow! She is beautiful. The picture on Kacey's phone didn't do her justice. Makes me want a baby...well maybe not I will just hold somebody elses and get my fix.

Jennifer said...

I got to see her on my lunch break! She's so precious. Since she was in the room, they had her hooked up to a blanket with that glowly light for jaundice. She looked like a little Glow Worm! :)

Ashley said...

Wow, that is a really cute baby!!

Linda said...

She sure is pretty and such a pretty name,Sadie. Glad she is doing well.
Blessings,
Linda