Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted

Not so long ago, I was a fan of Oprah. And if Oprah said it was so, it must have been so.

With that in mind, I must confess, that not so long ago, because of Oprah, I might have considered voting for Barack Obama.

Then I heard Oprah say, "there CAN'T be only one way to Heaven". I heard her say, "what about Jesus?" in a sarcastic tone.

Oprah said it. And I listened.

Jesus IS the way. He is the ONLY way. I am so thankful that my eyes were opened. I'm thankful for a lot of reasons but, today, I'm thankful because I did NOT vote for Barack Obama.

Yes...I'm going there.

Politics...on my blog. (Remember, it's MY blog.)

Call me a one-issue voter but, today, I voted for LIFE. It's an issue that I think my God cares about. I think that He cares about ALL of them...I do...but I think He cares MORE about His children than their money. I think that He cares MORE about a beating heart than Medicare. I think He cares more about His creation than Education. After all, He knows the number of hairs on our head.

I think that children have a right to live...even if they're born poor, even if they're educational system isn't the best, even if there's no Social Security benefits, even if our border protection isn't all it should be. I believe that they deserve a right to be who God created them to be.

I can't possibly vote for someone who believes that it's okay to kill a baby in the womb of its mother. I just can't. No matter what Oprah says.

It's okay if you disagree with me. I still love you.

And I know that no matter who wins this election, God is still in control and He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. And I praise His name!!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

My issue as well.
Blessings,
Linda