Thursday, July 17, 2008

God's Providence

Providence according to dictionary.com is, 1.) the foreseeing care and guidance of God or nature over the creatures of the earth; 2.) God, especially when conceived as omnisciently directing the universe and the affairs of humankind with wise benevolence; 3.) a manifestation of divine care or direction; 4.) provident or prudent management of resources; prudence; 5.) foresight, provident care.

And as I think of providence, I think of Job. In Job 10:11-13 we are reminded of that providence.

I thank God today that He knows better than I. His plans are better than my plans. He is the same God today and always and, tomorrow, He will once again extend His hand of mercy as I reach out to him to help me cross the cavern that is before me.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sometimes when I don't understand I just wish he'd let me in on His plans.:) It is comforting to know He is constant, unlike our feelings. I am thankful too!
Blessings,
Linda