Thursday, May 1, 2008

Long time no blog

I really do want to do this "blog thing". I enjoy reading so many others' and now I have been REmotivated by my friend Jennifer to give it another try.

I was surprised when I logged back on to find out that it had been almost an entire year since I last posted. Time flies!!!

Our most recent news is that I am about to have not ONE but TWO surgeries. The first, Lasik, is something that I am so excited about. I have been wearing (and abusing) soft contact lenses for almost 28 years. I am EXTREMELY nearsighted and my contacts have always been near and dear to my heart. The first thing I do in the morning is put them in and the last thing that I do at night is take them out. I have definitely overdone it to the point that me and those contacts have a love/hate relationship. I have had infection after infection and just all around trouble. I am no longer wearing my contacts but sporting what my sweet husband refers to as "those dorky glasses" until surgery day which is scheduled for May 21st.

The second surgery is not so exciting but necessary just the same. During a routine (actually my first) mammogram, a mass was found. It is not cancerous (PRAISE GOD!) but is very atypical. Therefore, it is best for it to come out. I will be seeing a Surgeon on 5/12 to make further plans.

Baseball season has started so we can be found quite often at a ball field in Franklin. Jordan is playing this year and having a great season so far. He has been hitting GREAT and doing a great job at First Base and Pitching. Braeden is taking the season off and was heard this past Sunday telling his former SS teacher that he is no longer playing but that his parents "FORCED" him to play the last couple of years. He really wants no part of organized sports though he is an active and social kid.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You will LOVE the Lasix surgery! It is one of the BEST things I have ever done! It has been close to 7 years now and I am still seeing 20/20! Good luck!