Saturday, December 13, 2008

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Some of each. If I am not rushed and can be creative with pretty bows and such, I love wrapped gifts. Sometimes, though, there's just nothing like a good ole' bag.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, pre-lit, hinged

3. When do you put up the tree? Typically, the weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as possible after Christmas....definitely before New Years Day. My mom, however, has been known to take hers down Christmas Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Lite Brite.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad and StepMom

8. Easiest person to buy for? My children.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a beautiful one that I searched for for several years.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? We have this "thing" that makes an appearance each year at our Sunday School class get-together. There have been years that it has not made it but this year is not one of those and I am the proud owner of him/it for the next year.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? October/November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yeah.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? This year, Saltine Toffee.

16. Lights on the tree? White.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know?

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Mostly home. Some local travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Normally I do an arrangement of twigs, sprigs, berries and feathers but my youngest son has been asking for a star so, this year, a star it is.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That there is so much hurt in the world.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Natural (berries, etc.). I also like unique Santas.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? The health and happiness of my friends and family.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh My! The Saltine Toffee is the BEST! It is my favorite this year too. I just discovered it! And my favorite song is also Mary Did You Know? I like the Kenny Rogers, Wynonna version.