Friday, May 2, 2008

Look what God showed me this morning - OUCH!

A couple of weeks ago, I completed (with some girlfriends) Beth Moore's study, "Breaking Free". Wow! What an awesome work. However, just so that I wouldn't forget all of the great things that God showed me, I decided to go back through the study page by page and transfer into a notebook all of those "lightbulb" moments for quick reference. This morning as I began, I prayed for God to reveal himself to me and this is the first thing I found.....

Each of us has a crippling tendency to forget what God has done for us. For a while, we're humbled. Then, if we do not guard our hearts and minds, we begin to think WE (caps mine) must have done something right for God to be so good to us. Truly God is compassionate. But He hears the cries of the just and the unjust, the righteous and the unrighteous. We never will be able to figure out why God responds differently to the cries He hears; but we trust He is always good, always right and always loving.

Let's not fall into the trap of thinking that our lives are based more on the basis of merit than mercy like Hezekiah in Isaiah 39:1-8. In verse 2 it says, "Hezekiah was delighted with the Babylonian envoys and showed them everything in his treasures-houses - the silver, the gold, the spices, and the aromatic oils. He also took them to see his armory and showed them everything in his royal treasuries! There was nothing in his palace or kingdom that Hezekiah did not show them."

God, you have, in fact, been so very good to me. Don't ever let me forget from where my/all blessings flow. All that I have and all that I am is Yours and I give you the Glory out-loud for it all.

Now, I can't help but wonder if God brought this to my attention because of how very proud I was of the look of my new blog. Ha!

No comments: